This blog loves statistics and numbers in general and today we will discuss the number 1,000,000 thanks to pioneering CTP Teams research done by Lucky 13 team leader Tom Wacker.
Tom has discovered that one million has special significance for members of CTP Teams and explains why in his latest blog post.
He makes an argument that one million points is the number of points that each team member should be getting EVERY DAY if the team is to get a respectable position in the Premier League.
So let’s do the math and put the theory to the test using this screenshot of the current state of play in the Premier League…
Rounded up to the nearest million this is currently how many points each team in the Premier League has at time of writing:
- SurfAholics Alpha – 25 members – 259 m points – 4.2 m points per member per day
- The Strays – 25 members – 243 m points – 3.9 m points per member per day
- Lucky 13 – 25 members – 179 m points – 2.9 m points per member per day
- Cash Surfing Network – 24 members – 74 m points – 1.24 m points per member per day
- CTP Renegades – 24 members – 63 m points – 1.0 m points per member per day
- Bonz Brigade – 24 members – 51 m points – 0.84 m points per member per day
- Empower World Team – 16 members – 33 m points – 0.84 m points per member per day
- Kore4 – 22 members – 23 m points – 0.4 m points per member per day
- Surf To Earn – 25 members – 15 m points – 0.24 m points per member per day
- SurfAholics Bravo – 20 members – 5 m points – 0.1 m points per member per day
The points per member per day figure was determined by dividing the total number of team points by the total number of players and dividing this number by 2.5 as at the time of writing this post we are 2.5 days into the new CTP Teams week.
So using Tom’s magic one million figure, a team of 25 members would have 25 million points right now if every member was hitting the 1 m points target. Right now that is enough to put you in eighth place in the Premier League.
As Tom says on his blog post: “There are lots of ways to get XP, and it’s a good idea to make sure you and your team are familiar with all of them.
“So get your million points per player per day, and see where you land. I’m pretty sure that will put you in the top 7 most weeks. You can do it. Once you have a month or two in the Premier League, you should be able to stock your team with premium players. Then you’ll be ready to challenge for the top.”
Coming up: Tomorrow we will apply the same math to the top of the Competitive League
Read Tom’s blog post: XP and CTP Teams