She’s one of the hardest working people in this business, offline and online! Debra shook the CTP Teams world a few seasons ago with the formation of Easy Team and has since gone on to form the brand new Eager Beaver Team Builders. She’s the owner of two mainstays traffic exchanges inside of the competition with Chit Chat Traffic and Traffic Empire.
Let’s get to know Debra and what makes her so focused and passionate about this business!
1. Tell us how you came to discover CTP and the Teams?
A friend and colleague asked me if I know anything about CTP. I did not at the time, but then some one else asked me and so I decided I had better take a look. and here I am a year and a half later.
2. As a program owner and a veteran team leader, you’ve seen changes come and go in the industry. What has been the high point as well as the low point for you in the business over the past year or so?
HUMM, great question, The high point would be, I learned how to use traffic exchanges. Meaning I was able to take Traffic Empire and bring her back to life. The low would be that my personal life hit a big bump and I needed to work on fixing the home front or I would have no business. Another high would be the guys at Legacy Hours jumped in and lent me a hand buy running the back end of my te’s for me. Very pleased to have met this bunch of goof balls.
3. Speaking of being a program owner..What made you make the jump from surfer to owner?
Being an owner happened by accident. A friend was in financial troubles, and offered to sell me one of his Traffic Exchanges. I purchased Traffic Empire, I had no clue what to do with it, it sat dormant for about 5 maybe 6 years. Once I joined CTP I quickly made friends, Brenda and her cane and Terry for his patience with me..LOL Now I have both TES up and running, so guess this is how I became an owner. I would not change a thing cuz I have done it my way, with lots of help along the way.
4. Teams have played a big part in your game plan for success. You’ve been a huge supporter of team play, how important is it for new members to roll up their sleeves and take part in these competitions?
This one is hard, cuz I have always lead a team, Easy Team is my team from another program, I created Easy Team in CTP and brought over my top team leaders. When doing so, we got recognition from branding, every where you looked Easy Team was there. Now, a year later and the Easy Team at CTP has changed hands and has become We Are Family… I wanted to bring the cream to the top and that is what I have done with Easy Team so that Renee can now have the ropes. I have created a leader and she is better than I am, and that is exactly what I was intending for. I wanted and stressed that branding is critical for them and adding list building into that mix made us a success.
This is why it is so important to join a team and stick with it, ask questions learn as you go and you will in return grow strong so that you will be able to take the ropes and lead your own team, whether it is in CTP or a opportunity your trying to build.
Get branded, build a list and learn to lead. 🙂
5. And finally, if you could take a new surfer and give them the best piece of advice for their business, what would it be?
Be them self, people can see right thru phony. Get a plan and stick with it..