Ok let me ask you a question.
If someone created a splash page and asked you to sign up to their list would you?
OK here are some more facts.
- there is no bonus or incentive for signing up
- you are not told what you are signing up to
- there is a video to watch but it is creepy, very odd, and contains almost no information at all
- the information, such that is, in the video does not appear to make any sense.
All you really get to know is that
- something is ‘coming soon’
- it is ‘another project by Eric Goettman’
Oh and the splash page looks like this…
I signed up even though I have not got the faintest idea what I have signed up for.
Can anyone else work out what is going on?
Here is what I have worked out so far:
- This is not one video but four – maybe there are more than four but I could only find four. If there are four is this a clue about Kore4?
- Eric has painted his face in four different colors. The colors he has used and the design he has used is remarkably similar to the Kore4 logo.
- Eric speaks one word per video including the word “Kore.” The other three words are “It”, “Pay” and “Word”.
- There are several eye movements and other facial gestures in the videos. Are they random or do they mean something? I have not been able to work this out.
- Signing up to the list does not give any immediate clues. The “thank you” email just promises that more information will be coming soon.
- There is an odd message at the end of the “Word” video. Eric says, very rapidly: “What are you waiting for? The time is up!”
I must have spent around two hours looking at these videos for clues and I am utterly intrigued by what is going on.
If you can get anyone to stop and look at your splash or squeeze page than your advert has worked.
If you can get someone to take two hours out of their day to stop, analyze your advert, take the action you wanted them to take, leave them wanting to know more and then get them to blog about it, for me at least, you have done something nobody has ever done before.
That is why I have no hesitation in saying that Eric Goettman’s “Coming Soon” ad campgian is the best traffic exchange splash/squeeze page I have ever seen.
It really does not get any better than this.