Leaders of rival CTP Teams actually talk to each other from time to time. I know this because Tom Wacker from Lucky 13 has revealed that he talks to Matt Badura from SurfAholics Alpha.
And by talk I don’t just mean trading insults on Skype such as:
- my team is bigger than your team
- my team is faster, stronger has better dance moves and a better dress sense than your team
- your team only win when we let you win
- my team members don’t need help from their children when connecting to the internet
- my team have all finished the daily challenge by the time your team are still brushing hair and cleaning their teeth.
No they talk about interesting stuff such as “If we were building a team from scratch how would we do it?” Wow real grown up stuff. Very impressive.
Tom says you need to decide your course of action, dedicate yourself to that course of action and then do whatever is necessary to make it happen.
Sounds like good advice to me.
Tom also poses a very interesting question indeed…let’s say you are not on a CTP Team but you want to be. How do you decide whether it is best to start your team or join an existing one?
Well here are some of the points Tom would like you to consider:
- Building a team is going to be harder at the start but you get to build the team you want.
- Joining an existing team will be easier at the start but there could be problems down the road.
- Both can get you to the very same place but it is not just a matter of tossing a coin so decide carefully.
- Remember that the goal is to make the Premier League and STAY.
Then Tom gives some specific advice on deciding whether joining a team or starting a team may be the better option. Read what he has to say for yourselves on his blog: CTP Teams: Rise to Prominence