It is a pity that Lucky 13 leader Tom Wacker could not get on Spreecast to talk about the rather dramatic events which saw them narrowly, oh so very, very narrowly, lose out to SurfAholics Alpha late on Sunday night.
Are they bitter about what happened…no not at all. Are they angry with themselves for not doing enough…not a bit of it. Are they more determined to win than ever…I would guess so. Can they laugh about it yet…yes they certainly can.
The Lucky 13 blog has been updated and it is very funny indeed. They list the following six step strategy for success:
1. Have your team get ahead EARLY, like Wednesday, and act like you’re on top of the world!
2. Realize on Friday that you’re going to have to surf ALL WEEKEND LONG
3. Do not sleep.
4. Even though you have to go to the bathroom during the final hour of the competition – DO NOT GO.
5. Send CTP’s page count through the roof refreshing the teams page every 15 seconds. Times 25 people.
6. Use your last XP 5 minutes before reset. That way they have plenty of time to use MORE than you did.
OK but you may ask how that is funny exactly? Well I won’t spoil their punchline…but check out the link to their blog post and pay attention to the headline.
Now do you get it?